Unit 2 Games
Unit 2 Games is an indie developer founded by passionate and highly-driven industry specialists. Our 40+ studio is located in Leamington Spa, UK. We are proud to have been awarded GI.biz ‘Best Places to Work Award’ 2020 and 2021 consecutively.
So who are we? We are excited to have released Crayta - an original, accessible, and collaborative game-making ecosystem. Our goal is to iterate, improve and grow this game as a service for years to come.
We are looking for a talented, creative and experienced VFX Artist specialising in particle effects, who is actively seeking an exciting new creative challenge. In this role you would work within our super talented art team reporting to the Art Director.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work alongside a team of industry veterans on a new IP.
- Create sophisticated and aesthetically pleasing visual effects which adhere to technical constraints
- Work with the team to understand our pipeline from asset creation to game.
- Build strong collaborative working relationships with all members of the team and studio, regardless of discipline or seniority.
- Implement and incorporate feedback from the art team
- Understand and be able to be inventive within Crayta’s art style.
- 2+ years of experience of creating visual effects within the games industry
- Proficiency developing visual effects in a real-time environment with a strong eye for performance
- Strong problem solving skills to deliver effective visual results whilst adhering to technical constraints
- Knowledge of relevant 3D software (Maya, 3D Studio Max etc)
- Must have sound previous experience of using particle effects systems
- A solid portfolio demonstrating your in-engine particle and VFX work
- Talented eye for creativity and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to Crayta’s art style
- Experience developing effects within Unreal Engine 4’s Niagara system is highly advantageous
- Experience working with Outsourcers with an eye for reviewing content.
- A strong understanding of particle effect base workflows including node-based shaders
- Good math skills are a bonus
In terms of formal qualifications, it is agreed that levels of attainment should not be set. At Unit 2 Games Ltd. we adopt an approach that relevant higher qualifications are ‘preferred’ as opposed to ‘required’. Respective skills are paramount and to be considered for this role demonstrable and relevant skills and ability will be expected and sought.
In terms of formal qualifications, it is agreed that levels of attainment should not be set. At Unit 2 Games Ltd we adopt an approach that relevant higher qualifications are ‘preferred’ as opposed to ‘required’. Respective artistic skills are paramount and to be considered for this role demonstrable and relevant skills and ability will be expected and sought.
Salary & Benefits
We strive to offer highly competitive salaries which are negotiable and dependant on experience, as well as a generous package of benefits, relocation assistance and a strong emphasis on a stable work/life balance. Our staff also benefit from a free fully stocked studio kitchen, regular social activities, a fantastic onsite games room, digital allowance and gym membership, as well as other various company medical and insurance benefits to name a few!
Here is our list of company goals, they help us focus on what’s important to us when it comes to making decisions:
- Create great games (measured by player enjoyment)
- Act ethically
- Make a positive difference
- Put people first (e.g. people over process)
- Communicate honestly and openly
- Empower and support one another and our players
- Have fun!
To apply please email Careers [at] Unit2Games.com. Please note, you must have the right to work within the UK for us to be able to move forwards with your application.