Unit 2 Games
Unit 2 Games is an indie developer founded by passionate and highly-driven industry specialists. Our 40+ studio is located in Leamington Spa, UK. We are proud to have been awarded GI.biz ‘Best Places to Work Award’ 2020 and 2021 consecutively.
So who are we? We are excited to have released Crayta - an original, accessible, and collaborative game-making ecosystem. Our goal is to iterate, improve and grow this game as a service for years to come.
We are looking for a Senior UI Artist to design and implement the look & feel of our UI for Crayta.
In this role you will be responsible for building beautiful and dynamic UI for our game and website using HTML, CSS and vector and raster art packages.
- Own and drive the development of UI art throughout the game (using Coherent Gameface)
- Develop (using HTML/CSS) the game’s web presence
- Realise new UI features and their assets, working alongside UX and code developers.
- Improve existing UI features through UX iteration and live service metics, including conversion for new platforms and regions.
- Build strong collaborative working relationships with all members of the team and studio, regardless of discipline or seniority.
- Ensure all UIs pass compliance standards and are as accessible and inclusive as possible.
- 5+ years of experience making UI for games.
- Highly proficient, with a proven track record of realising UI with CSS & HTML.
- Experienced in the use of packages such as Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Excellence of artistic ability to rapidly iterate, develop, illustrate and implement to the defined quality, style and specifications.
- Exhibit a solid understanding of graphic design, typography, user experience and interface design.
- Familiarity with a wide range of UI paradigms employed across a variety of game genres, game platforms and their associated player expectations.
- Experience in independently delivering UIs and UI assets
- Experience using Coherent Gameface to realise UIs
- Demonstrable experience with Crayta
- Experience of Unreal Engine 4
- Experience working within UGC games (eg Roblox)
- Familiarity with Games as a Service titles
In terms of formal qualifications, it is agreed that levels of attainment should not be set. At Unit 2 Games Ltd. we adopt an approach that relevant higher qualifications are ‘preferred’ as opposed to ‘required’. Respective skills are paramount and to be considered for this role demonstrable and relevant skills and ability will be expected and sought.
In terms of formal qualifications, it is agreed that levels of attainment should not be set. At Unit 2 Games Ltd we adopt an approach that relevant higher qualifications are ‘preferred’ as opposed to ‘required’. Respective artistic skills are paramount and to be considered for this role demonstrable and relevant skills and ability will be expected and sought.
Salary & Benefits
We strive to offer highly competitive salaries which are negotiable and dependant on experience, as well as a generous package of benefits, relocation assistance and a strong emphasis on a stable work/life balance. Our staff also benefit from a free fully stocked studio kitchen, regular social activities, a fantastic onsite games room, digital allowance and gym membership, as well as other various company medical and insurance benefits to name a few!
Here is our list of company goals, they help us focus on what’s important to us when it comes to making decisions:
- Create great games (measured by player enjoyment)
- Act ethically
- Make a positive difference
- Put people first (e.g. people over process)
- Communicate honestly and openly
- Empower and support one another and our players
- Have fun!
To apply please email Careers [at] Unit2Games.com. Please note, you must have the right to work within the UK for us to be able to move forwards with your application.