Unit 2 Games
Unit 2 Games is an award-winning, Facebook-owned games studio based in Leamington Spa, UK. We were formed in 2017 to build Crayta - our dream to make game creation accessible to anyone and everyone.
We've won GamesIndustry.biz's Best Places to Work Award for the last two years, and we'd love to welcome more people to the team.
Most of us are still working remotely because of the ongoing Covid pandemic, and we share Facebook's vision for a fully connected metaverse future where that becomes even easier and more common. In the meantime though, while we all help to shape that future, we'd prefer to see most people (especially less senior members of staff) in the office for at least some of the week, when it's safe to do so. However, we are still open to discussing long-term remote working for highly experienced candidates in senior positions.
We are looking for a Senior Tools Programmer with a proven track record in games or related technology, to join our outstanding team based in and around Leamington Spa, UK. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must, as is a proven track record in C++ and Python. You will be working on the tools pipeline for Crayta, our free-to-play “game-making game”.
- Work proactively to support the programming team with any tools requirements.
- Support the back-end team with Python scripting of cloud infrastructure (AWS or Google Cloud experience vital).
- Maintain the Jenkins based continuous integration infrastructure for Crayta, investigate build breakage in C++ code with the ability to communicate problems to other engineers and fix code directly.
- Drive improvements throughout the codebase using code-review, collaborative working and modern communication tools.
- Experience producing developer focused tools for a shipped game or related product.
- Experience of Python, C# and C++
- Proven track record of debugging, performance analysis and optimisation in games development.
- Familiarity with version control, continuous integration, bug tracking, documentation writing and code review systems.
- Proactive individual with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team of mixed disciplines, with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and implement algorithms to specification.
- Flexible individual able to impact and build consensus across interdisciplinary areas of a project.
- Experience of the full feature development lifecycle including requirements gathering, development, Python tooling, automated testing.
- Experience with providing engine solutions to game developers.
- Experience in supporting DevOps for a live service.
- Ability to create internal websites for developers, for tools and surfacing information.
- Experience with data analysis in python or SQL.
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 including the cooking / build pipeline.
- Familiarity with VR, Mobile and Console platforms.
- Experience applying Automated Testing with Unit and Integration tests.
- Experience developing Games-As-A-Service.
- Familiarity with UGC games (e.g. Crayta, Roblox, Dreams, Garry’s Mod).
Salary & Benefits
Unit 2 Games is part of the Facebook family so all our employees enjoy a market-leading salary, stock and benefits package. This includes a range of health & wellbeing, family and financial benefits, as well as access to the Life@ Club which enables meaningful connections with Facebook staff around the globe.
Here is our list of company goals, they help us focus on what’s important to us when it comes to making decisions:
- Create great experiences that people love
- Act ethically to all and at all times
- Make a positive difference
- Put people first, not process
- Communicate honestly and openly
- Empower and support one another and our community
- Have fun!
To apply please email Careers [at] Unit2Games.com. Please note, you must have the right to work within the UK for us to be able to move forwards with your application.