Unit 2 Games
Unit 2 Games is an award-winning, Facebook-owned games studio based in Leamington Spa, UK. We were formed in 2017 to build Crayta - our dream to make game creation accessible to anyone and everyone.
We've won GamesIndustry.biz's Best Places to Work Award for the last two years, and we'd love to welcome more people to the team.
Most of us are still working remotely because of the ongoing Covid pandemic, and we share Facebook's vision for a fully connected metaverse future where that becomes even easier and more common. In the meantime though, while we all help to shape that future, we'd prefer to see most people (especially less senior members of staff) in the office for at least some of the week, when it's safe to do so. However, we are still open to discussing long-term remote working for highly experienced candidates in senior positions.
We are looking for a Senior Economy Designer to design and implement Crayta’s metagame.
In this role you will be responsible for all areas of Crayta’s economy, from progression and engagement through to monetisation.
- Design, prove and successfully execute economy offers from player data, including:
- In-game cosmetics store
- Battle pass
- Short-term events
- Additional metagame mechanic design ideas and proposals
- Collaborate with the management team to determine the correct metrics for player engagement and monetisation
- Work closely with the BI team to ensure the necessary data is readily available, and to iterate on designs and offers based on that real player data to achieve targeted improvements in agreed metrics
- Alongside the management team, ensure content production meets player desires and expectations
- At least 5 years experience as an Economy Designer (or similar role)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of player motivations and behavioural economics
- Collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially across disciplines
- Working knowledge of trends in games and monetisation, especially in the multiplayer social space
- Experience working on Game as a Service titles
- Demonstrable experience with Crayta
- Experience designing economies on at least one shipped title from start to finish
- Experience with Creator economies
Salary & Benefits
Unit 2 Games is part of the Facebook family so all our employees enjoy a market-leading salary, stock and benefits package. This includes a range of health & wellbeing, family and financial benefits, as well as access to the Life@ Club which enables meaningful connections with Facebook staff around the globe.
Here is our list of company goals, they help us focus on what’s important to us when it comes to making decisions:
- Create great experiences that people love
- Act ethically to all and at all times
- Make a positive difference
- Put people first, not process
- Communicate honestly and openly
- Empower and support one another and our community
- Have fun!
To apply please email Careers [at] Unit2Games.com. Please note, you must have the right to work within the UK for us to be able to move forwards with your application.