Unit 2 Games
Unit 2 Games is an award-winning, Facebook-owned games studio based in Leamington Spa, UK. We were formed in 2017 to build Crayta - our dream to make game creation accessible to anyone and everyone.
We've won GamesIndustry.biz's Best Places to Work Award for the last two years, and we'd love to welcome more people to the team.
Most of us are still working remotely because of the ongoing Covid pandemic, and we share Facebook's vision for a fully connected metaverse future where that becomes even easier and more common. In the meantime though, while we all help to shape that future, we'd prefer to see most people (especially less senior members of staff) in the office for at least some of the week, when it's safe to do so. However, we are still open to discussing long-term remote working for highly experienced candidates in senior positions.
We are looking for a talented, creative and experienced Senior Animator particularly specialising in character animations. A person who is actively seeking an exciting new challenge in bringing characters to life physically and emotionally. We are looking to add exponentially to the range of animations our characters can perform and to continue to bring Crayta to life for our users. In this role you would work within our super talented art team and report to the Head of Art.
- To create and implement quality in-game character and prop animations.
- To build sets of interactions between characters, props and the game world.
- Work alongside the Art Director and Principal Animator to maintain animation art style.
- Work within technical boundaries and restrictions to create animations to a set timeline.
- Work collaboratively between the art & programmer disciplines to overcome technical challenges.
- Build strong collaborative working relationships with all members of the team and studio, regardless of discipline or seniority.
- Understand the audience and core goals and game ethos.
- 5+ years professional experience of animation for games.
- Highly proficient in the use of job relevant software e.g. Maya.
- Ability to utilise appropriate tools and pipelines to implement, review and iterate animations.
- A strong showreel of animation work.
- An understanding of blueprints, animation graphs or similar animation networks.
- Exhibit a strong grasp of the principles of animating the human figure.
- UE4 experience.
- Experience with skinning & rigging.
- Experience in working with outsourcers.
- Facial animation experience.
- Familiarity with optimisation of animation (e.g. UE4 Blueprint Fast Path evaluation)
- Familiarity working with motion capture equipment like Xsens
- Understanding of current player-creator animation in Crayta’s Create mode
Salary & Benefits
Unit 2 Games is part of the Facebook family so all our employees enjoy a market-leading salary, stock and benefits package. This includes a range of health & wellbeing, family and financial benefits, as well as access to the Life@ Club which enables meaningful connections with Facebook staff around the globe.
Here is our list of company goals, they help us focus on what’s important to us when it comes to making decisions:
- Create great experiences that people love
- Act ethically to all and at all times
- Make a positive difference
- Put people first, not process
- Communicate honestly and openly
- Empower and support one another and our community
- Have fun!
To apply please email Careers [at] Unit2Games.com. Please note, you must have the right to work within the UK for us to be able to move forwards with your application.