Unit 2 Games
Unit 2 Games is an award-winning, Facebook-owned games studio based in Leamington Spa, UK. We were formed in 2017 to build Crayta - our dream to make game creation accessible to anyone and everyone.
We've won GamesIndustry.biz's Best Places to Work Award for the last two years, and we'd love to welcome more people to the team.
Most of us are still working remotely because of the ongoing Covid pandemic, and we share Facebook's vision for a fully connected metaverse future where that becomes even easier and more common. In the meantime though, while we all help to shape that future, we'd prefer to see most people (especially less senior members of staff) in the office for at least some of the week, when it's safe to do so. However, we are still open to discussing long-term remote working for highly experienced candidates in senior positions.
We are looking for an Outsourcing Manager to add to our outsourcing capabilities, to build relationships with trusted partners and deliver assets that will provide boundless creativity for our players. Working alongside other outsource team members, using a keen eye for detail, art style and gameplay you will take responsibility for the lifecycle of key content. This role will suit a developer or producer seeking an exciting new challenge with significant responsibilities and freedom to drive content in a long-term project.
You would work within our super talented art team and report to the Head of Art.
- Manage & partner outsources to deliver significant volumes of high quality assets from specification to approval within game
- Maintain Unit 2 Games art style and technical standards through timely feedback
- Develop relationships with outsourcing partners providing the studio with a deep understanding of their various strengths
- Manage asset backlog, priorities, timescales and costs.
- Liaise with outsourcers to provide options and workflow to deliver outsourced content.
- Champion new outsourcing processes and partnerships within the organisation
- Onboard outsourcing partners into Unit 2 Games tools and processes
- Build strong collaborative working relationships with all members of the team and studio, regardless of discipline or seniority.
- Understand the audience and core goals and game ethos.
- 5+ years of experience of art development within games.
- Previous experience in managing outsourced content and pipelines.
- Proficient in the use of job relevant software e.g. Maya, Photoshop, Substance Designer.
- Effective communication skills across a range of mediums
- Proven understanding of art asset production, technical constraints and costs.
- Track record of managing various disciplines of art outsourcing (concept, animation, environment etc)
- Established relationships within art outsource community
- Understanding of player-creator library in Crayta’s Create mode
Salary & Benefits
Unit 2 Games is part of the Facebook family so all our employees enjoy a market-leading salary, stock and benefits package. This includes a range of health & wellbeing, family and financial benefits, as well as access to the Life@ Club which enables meaningful connections with Facebook staff around the globe.
Here is our list of company goals, they help us focus on what’s important to us when it comes to making decisions:
- Create great experiences that people love
- Act ethically to all and at all times
- Make a positive difference
- Put people first, not process
- Communicate honestly and openly
- Empower and support one another and our community
- Have fun!
To apply please email Careers [at] Unit2Games.com. Please note, you must have the right to work within the UK for us to be able to move forwards with your application.