Unit 2 Games
Unit 2 Games is an award-winning, Facebook-owned games studio based in Leamington Spa, UK. We were formed in 2017 to build Crayta - our dream to make game creation accessible to anyone and everyone.
We've won GamesIndustry.biz's Best Places to Work Award for the last two years, and we'd love to welcome more people to the team.
Most of us are still working remotely because of the ongoing Covid pandemic, and we share Facebook's vision for a fully connected metaverse future where that becomes even easier and more common. In the meantime though, while we all help to shape that future, we'd prefer to see most people (especially less senior members of staff) in the office for at least some of the week, when it's safe to do so. However, we are still open to discussing long-term remote working for highly experienced candidates in senior positions.
We are looking for a highly experienced Marketing Artist to support the publishing team in a wide variety of art and graphic design tasks including using Crayta-made game assets. A talented and confident person to uphold and extend the visual brand identity for Crayta and its recurring seasonal events and content drops.
This role will suit a marketing artist seeking an exciting new challenge with significant responsibilities and freedom to drive content in a long-term project. You would work within our publishing team and report to the Head of Brand & Marketing.
- Build up a strong visual brand for Crayta in the public realm and be responsible for the quality bar and its maintenance across all asset types
- Create promotional imagery for seasonal content or new feature releases using Crayta itself, in-game assets and Unreal tools
- Make regular store art and promotion updates
- Build and maintain a library of quality screenshots and other assets from Crayta and its UGC content
- Create relevant in-game news imagery
- Make lively social media content, including rapid turnaround images, videos clips, GIFs, etc
- Update branding on YouTube thumbnails and cross-channel assets
- Periodically refresh website imagery with latest Crayta content
- Build strong collaborative working relationships with all members of the team and studio, regardless of discipline or seniority.
- Understand the audience, core goals and game ethos.
- 5+ years 2D and 3D art creation experience, with at least 2 years of video game marketing art experience
- Ability to create wide range of marketing art assets, from high-end key art through to social media snippets
- Strong portfolio highlighting a variety of styles
- Solid understanding of lighting and composition with a keen eye for how to show all types of game genres off to their best.
- Highly creative and able to ideate and drive creative choices as well as follow a tight brief
- Photoshop and Illustrator are essential, the rest of Adobe Creative Suite is desirable as you may get involved in capturing and basic editing of footage.
- Maya and Unreal experience is strongly desirable to enable creation and setting up of scenes in-game.
- Passion for, and awareness of, UGC games and their communities is useful.
Salary & Benefits
Unit 2 Games is part of the Facebook family so all our employees enjoy a market-leading salary, stock and benefits package. This includes a range of health & wellbeing, family and financial benefits, as well as access to the Life@ Club which enables meaningful connections with Facebook staff around the globe.
Here is our list of company goals, they help us focus on what’s important to us when it comes to making decisions:
- Create great experiences that people love
- Act ethically to all and at all times
- Make a positive difference
- Put people first, not process
- Communicate honestly and openly
- Empower and support one another and our community
- Have fun!
To apply please email Careers [at] Unit2Games.com. Please note, you must have the right to work within the UK for us to be able to move forwards with your application.