Unit 2 Games
Unit 2 Games is an award-winning, Facebook-owned games studio based in Leamington Spa, UK. We were formed in 2017 to build Crayta - our dream to make game creation accessible to anyone and everyone.
We've won GamesIndustry.biz's Best Places to Work Award for the last two years, and we'd love to welcome more people to the team.
Most of us are still working remotely because of the ongoing Covid pandemic, and we share Facebook's vision for a fully connected metaverse future where that becomes even easier and more common. In the meantime though, while we all help to shape that future, we'd prefer to see most people (especially less senior members of staff) in the office for at least some of the week, when it's safe to do so. However, we are still open to discussing long-term remote working for highly experienced candidates in senior positions.
We are looking for an existing Graphics Programmer or potentially a strong systems programmer with an interest in graphics to join our outstanding team based in and around Leamington Spa, UK. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must, as is a proven track record in Unreal Engine and knowledge of one or more of the common graphics systems (DirectX, Vulkan, etc). You will be working on Crayta, our free-to-play “game-making game”.
- Work proactively with the art and programming teams and other stakeholders on graphical features across a range of platforms.
- Work with the programming team to increase performance within a dynamic UGC title across a range of platforms from mobile to top end PC.
- Assist with supporting new platforms as Crayta expands.
- Experience of mobile platforms (or similar lower spec devices) would be a definite advantage.
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4.
- Vulkan experience would be useful but more useful would be a proven ability to adapt to new platforms and SDKs as required.
- Proven track record of debugging, performance analysis and optimisation in games development.
- Familiarity with version control, continuous integration, bug tracking, documentation writing and code review systems.
- Proactive individual with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team of mixed disciplines, with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and implement algorithms to specification.
- Flexible individual able to impact and build consensus across interdisciplinary areas of a project.
- Experience of the full feature development lifecycle including requirements gathering, development, bug fixing, platform standards compliance.
- Streaming experience, eg Stadia, Xbox Cloud Gaming or similar platforms.
- Experience of Unreal Engine 4
- Familiarity with VR, Mobile and Console platforms.
- Experience developing Games-As-A-Service.
- Familiarity with UGC games (e.g. Crayta, Roblox, Dreams, Garry’s Mod).
Salary & Benefits
Unit 2 Games is part of the Facebook family so all our employees enjoy a market-leading salary, stock and benefits package. This includes a range of health & wellbeing, family and financial benefits, as well as access to the Life@ Club which enables meaningful connections with Facebook staff around the globe.
Here is our list of company goals, they help us focus on what’s important to us when it comes to making decisions:
- Create great experiences that people love
- Act ethically to all and at all times
- Make a positive difference
- Put people first, not process
- Communicate honestly and openly
- Empower and support one another and our community
- Have fun!
To apply please email Careers [at] Unit2Games.com. Please note, you must have the right to work within the UK for us to be able to move forwards with your application.